Preview01 Introduction - Yes you can re-size a fixed VDI drive (1:23)
Preview02 Review 6 Steps to re-size successfully (1:24)
Preview03 Release and remove (don't delete!) the Fixed VDI Drive you want to re-size. (3:05)
Preview04 Use command line CMD (run as administrator) Navigate to VboxManage Directory (3:01)
Preview05 Clone the drive with VBoxManage clonehd (4:28)
Preview06 Resize the VDI Drive with modifyhd (2:33)
Preview07 Start Virtualbox, add new cloned VDI drive and extend partition (5:10)
Preview08 If your OS does not have a Partition tool what can you do? (1:38)
10 Cool things you can do with a Virtualbox Virtual Machine:
- Run Old Apps
- Access Virus-Infected Data
- Browse in Complete Safely
- Test Software, Upgrades, or New Configurations
- Run Linux on Top of Windows (or vice-versa)
- Back Up an Entire Operating System
- Create a Personal Cloud Computer
- Run Headless For Web Development
- Make a Backup of Your Server For Emergencies
- Reuse Old Hardware
For the last 25 years I have worked in Networking and Computing. I have worked with Linux and Windows Servers, Enterprise WiFi, and Video Surveillance. I have worked as a Field Technician, Manager, Trainer and Business Owner for several IT Companies. On many occasions I have taught large audiences of thousands of people.
"I cannot thank you enough! My virtual disk ran out of storage and I could not figure out how to re-size it. I searched the manual and spent many hours on forums trying everything, nothing worked. After watching the video about resizing drives I finaly got it! Thanks. — anyone using Virtualbox should get this course!"
- Bob Raymon, IT Manager, One Signal.